We are pleased to annouce that we have released the first version of our Parts Compatibility Finder. For now, this service is only applicable for eBay.com and eBay Motors sellers.
The tool works by scanning your eBay store listings, extracting parts-related information including Brand & MPN from your listings. This information is then cleaned up and compared to our list of synonyms and used to lookup the eBay catalog data for a match. If a match is found, then we will return you a file-exchange ready file with the relevant revise information for your listing.
The results can be filtered and exported by brand, category, sales performance.
The data can also be filtered for Listings that do not already have existing fitment, listings with increased fitment, catalog matches (relevant in certain regions only), and listings matched based on other lsiting data:
Using the eBay ePID is part of the best practice for eBay Motors (US) and will help drive sales.
For more info see - http://pages.ebay.com/motors/compatibility/bestPractices.html
If an eBay ePID cannot be located, the tool will then attempt to source the fitment data using other marketplace data with stringent checks in place to verify that the data is valid for the product.
How to use the tool
New users should sign up here - Optiseller sign up. You will receive an email confirming your details and instructions on how to login to the tool.
Please note: if you are on the whitelisted eBay program, your store will automatically get processed and you can skip to step 3 below
- Once logged in you should subscribe to the service via our services page
2. Then, you should select your eBay store (or add one)
3. Once, completed, you will see the store being processed on the home page, and when completed you will be able to access your report and download the results.
The report page allows you to view the results, filter and export data.
The key aspects of the results page are
- Total Listings : Total number of listings
- Listings with Product Identifiers : Total number of listings with product identifiers (UPC / Brand MPN)
- Item Matched via Catalog with different EPID : Items matched in eBay's catalog which are different from what is currently on the listing (including listings with no EPID)
- Item Matched via Catalog with same EPID : Items matched in eBay's catalog with the same EPID as the current listing.
- Items matched via other listings : Items not found in eBay catalog but where we found at least 3 other listings with consistent fitment records.
The filters allow you to export via brand, category, listings with at least X sales, items that do not have any fitment, items which will increase the fitment, items matched with epids only, and items matched via other listings only.
The export format is currently file exchange. For more info see https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/listing-and-marketing/ebay-bulk-listing-tools.html#m22_tb_a2__5
Optiseller also offer bespoke services for custom export formats, data analysis, sourcing data and integration. If you have any questions or suggestions please get in touch!